Advanced level – Test 12
1. I have designed the kitchen so that my
son can’t reach everything.
6. They never expected that ……………..
find the bicycle.
A. they are going to
B. they are will
C. they would
D. they shal
2. What led you to leave your job and
make this trip?
7. The car was easy to recognize, ………..
it wasn’t difficult for the police to catch
3. In the end we had so little time together
that our marriage was breaking up.
8. By the end of next year, they …………..
the new stadium.
C. coming to an end
A. will finish
C. will have finished
D. they are finishing
4. The yacht had set out for France despite
9. The news of the President’s death
astonished the world.
5. She’s just bought a pair of silk tights.
10. A multitude of people attended.
A. small number
B. select group
C. huge crowd
11. He’s just arrived to find his wife in
16. Henry will not be able to attend the
meeting tonight because ……………..
A. he must to teach a class.
B. he will have teaching a class.
C. of he will teach a class.
D. he will be teaching a class.
12. People have a ………….. for special
occasions, such as a wedding, a funeral
and a graduation.
17. Alfred has not ……………
A. never before lived alone
B. ever lived alone before
C. hardly live alone before
D. lived lonelinessly in previous time.
18. The committee has met and ………..
13. …………….. work is the work which
is done the same way all the time.
A. they have reached a decision.
B. its decision was reached at.
C. it has reached a decision.
D. its decision reached.
19. John’s score on the test is the highest
in class. ……………….
14. To ………….. means to help someone
A. He should study last night.
B. He had studied hard.
C. He must have studied hard last night.
D. He must have to study hard last night.
20. The chairman requested that ………..
A. the members studied more carefully the
B. the problem was more carefulnessly
C. with more carefulness the problem
could be studied.
D. the members study the problem more
15. People ……….. their money because
they want their money to grow in value.
C. put away
21. Florida relies heavily on income from
fruit crops, and ……………
26. If someone commits a ……………. in
Britain, the police try to catch him.
A. also California
B. California too
C. so does California
D. California is as well
22. She wanted to serve some coffee to
her guests, however, …………..
27. The book contained a lot of …………
about how little petrol the car used.
A. she had not many sugar.
B. there was not a great amount of the
C. she did not have much sugar.
D. she was lacking in amount of sugar.
28. The irate crowded edged closer to the
23. After the funeral, the residents of the
apartment building …………..
A. sent faithfully flowers to the cemetery
B. sent to the cemetery faithfully flowers
C. sent faithfully to the cemetery flowers
D. sent flowers faithfully to the cemetery
29. There is gainsaying the validity of her
24. The land and the house that you own
are your ……………….
B. agreeing with
C. personal belongings
D. private area
30. Carol dozed off while we watched the
25. A …………… is an object that help
you remember a place you have visited.
B. went away