TOEFL Incorrect word Test 4
1. It was her who represented her country in
the United Nations and later became
ambassador to the United States.
5. Computers have made access to
information instantly available just by
push a few buttons.
C. instantly available
D. by push
2. Some birds, such as quails, can move
instant from a resting position to full flight.
6. By passing sunlight through a prism, the
light is separate into a spectrum of colors.
A. By passing
C. is separate
3. Globes and maps have been important
throughout history, but never many so than
7. The scientific method consists of forming
hypotheses, collect data, and testing results.
A. have been important
4. Before becoming successful, Charles
Kettering, former vice president of General
Motors, was so poor that he has to use the
hayloft of a barn as a laboratory.
B. consists of
8. The new librarian was hired because of
her past experience has been found to be
not only inefficient but also lazy.
B. was hired
B. so poor
C. been found
C. has to
D. but also
9. With its strong claws and its many
protruding tooth a gopher is an excellent
13. Please send me information with regard
of insurance policies available from your
B. strong claws
B. with regard of
C. protruding tooth
10. My cousin composes not only the music,
but also sings the songs for the major
14. Traditionally, the flag is risen in the
morning and taken down at night.
A. composes not only
C. the songs for
B. in the morning
D. at night
A. is not
15. Increasing involvement in agriculture by
large corporations has resulted in what is
known as agribusiness-that is, agriculture
with business techniques, including heavy
capitalization, specialization of production,
and to control all stages of the operation.
A. by large corporations
C. with an
B. has resulted in
C. known as
12. Never before has so many people in the
United States been interested in soccer.
D. to control
11. The state of New Mexico is not densely
population, with an average of only four
people per square kilometer.
B. so many
D. interested in
16. A calorie is the quantity of heat
required to rise one gallon of water one
degree centigrade at one atmospheric
A. A calorie
D. to rise
17. It is believed that a people could live on
Mars with little life support because the
atmosphere is similar to that of Earth.
19. By the mid-nineteenth century, land
was such expensive in large cities that
architects began to conserve space by
A. a people
A. By the mid-nineteenth century
B. such expensive
D. by designing
18. A few tiles on Skylab were the only
equipments that failed to perform well in
20. The Board of Realtors doesn't have any
informations about the increase in rent for
A. A few
D. to perform
D. in rent