TOEFL Incorrect word - Test 2
When a patient's blood pressure is much higher than it should be, a doctor usually insists
that he will not smoke.
B. you do
B. and told
C. would be
A. a character in mythology
B. his own
D. into itself
D. will sometimes
D. due to
I do not know where could he have gone so early in the morning.
C. so early
D. in the
In 1961 America's first manned spacecraft launched.
Narcissus, a character in mythology, gazed at his own image in a pool so ardently that he
fell into itself and downed.
A. could he have
D. processes chemical
Sate universities bear the name of their state, and its achievements are recognized as state
C. as a
The master of ceremonies announced in a loud and clear voice and told that the dinner
would be late due to unforseen circumstances.
A. of ceremonies
B. of elements
I don't care you do just so long as you do it immediately.
A. don't care
D. will not
Even on the most careful prepared trip, problems will sometimes develop.
C. should be
Geochemistry includes the study of the movement of elements from one place to another as
a result of processes chemical.
A. the study of
B. than it
Today's job seekers are confronted with such question as "Are you computer literate?" and
"Can you set up a data base?"
C. such question
D. set up
11. Nuclear powers production in the US is controlled by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission
12. What happened in New York were a reaction from city workers, including firemen and
policemen who had been laid off from their jobs.
A. What happened
13. The Indians of the southwestern United States are famous for their beautiful art work,
especially handmade jewelry cast from silver, carved from stones, or decorations with beads
B. art work
14. Venomous snakes with modified teeth connected to poison glands in which the venom is
secreted and stored.
B. poison glands
C. in which
D. is secreted
15. Spell correctly is easy with the aid of a number of word processing programs for personal
C. word processing
16. The deadbolt is the best lock for entry doors because it is not only inexpensive but
installation is easy.
A. the best
C. not only
D. installation is easy
17. Alfalfa is a nutritious crop rich in proteins, minerals, and with vitamins.
A. Alfalfa is
C. rich in
D. with vitamins
18. Teddy Roosevelt demonstrated his competitive spirit and tireless energy in 1905 whenever
he led the Rough Riders up San Juan Hill.
19. The 1890's in America were known as a Gay Nineties.
20. When I last saw Janet, she hurried to her next class on the other side of the campus and did
not have time to talk.
A. I last
C. the other
D. did not have