TIẾNG ANH 11 ( CHUẨN ) - HỌC KỲ I
A . PHONETICS
UNIT 1 – 4 ( Vĩnh Long )
Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
10. A. excited
11. A. neighbors
12. A. name
13. A. memorable
14. A. sneaky
15. A. holiday
16. A. war
17. A. winter
18. A. children
19. A. will
20. A. should
Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
21. A. sneaky
22. A. loyalty
23. A. gossip
24. A. unselfis
25. A. mutual
26. A. helpful
27. A. floppy
28. A. extremely
29. A. birthday
30. A. celebrate
31. A. successful
32. A. couple
33. A. begin
34. A. activity
35. A. forward
36. A. candle
37. A. invite
38. A. celebrate
39. A. problem
40. A. example
26. B 27. D
UNIT 5 – 8 ( Lê Thanh Mừng )
1. A. drive
2. A. traffic
3. A. trouble
4. A. twelve
5. A. troop
6. A. went
7. A. smoothly
8. A. two
9. A. children
10. A. hitting
11. A. job
12. A. afraid
13. A. indicator
14. A. general
15. A. which
16. A. exchange
17. A. agrarianB. longevity
18. A. repeat
19. A. society
20. A. charity
21. A. campaign
22. A. marathon
23. A. influence
24. A. longevity
25. A. among
26. A. maximum
27. A. competition
28. A. important
29. A. minority
30. A. suggest
11B 12C 13D 14D 15C 16D 17D 18C 19D 20D
21D 22C 23D 24D 25A 26B 27B 28A 29D 30C
B . VOCABULARY:
She was in a very …………… situation. She felt so stupid and didn‟t know what to say.
I don‟t like that man. He has a ……… behavior.
Teenagers nowadays often have their own ……….. who they really love and imitate in different ways.
Can you imagine how I felt?
There was a sneaky look on his face but I didn‟t think about that.
Yes, my most embarrassing experience happened some months ……….
I am going home when I ……………. an accident.
c. was seeing
3. When I got to the airport, the plane ………….. off.
a. has taken
d. had taken
4. They still …………… any news when I spoke to them yesterday.
a. don‟t have
b. didn‟t have
c. haven‟t had d. hadn‟t had
5. Who were you taking to on the phone as I ……… in?
b. am coming
d. was coming
6. When I arrived at the meeting the first speaker ……….. speaking.
a. just finishes b. had just finished c. has just finished
d. just finished
7. You looked very busy when I saw you yesterday moring. What …………….?
a. were you doing
b. were you do c. did you do
d. do you do
8. He was watching TV when the phone ……………?
9. When I was boy, I often went to school …………… foot.
10. He looked …………. me angrily when I interrupted him.
11. When I returned home after 20 years, everything ………. Completely.
a. has changed b. had changed
c. is changing
d. was changing
UNIT 1 – 4 ( Vĩnh Long )
41. She found it difficult to get ______ with new friends.
42. My friend often shows her ______ whenever I have troubles.
43. He does not know much about the project but he is very ______.
44. Daisy is so ______. She only cares about herself, not about other people.
45. She is not determined and often changes her ideas. What a/an ______ girl she is!
46. Although we are classmate, I do not have a ______ relationship with him.
47. John left a ______ impression on me. I will never forget him.
48. ______ is the quality of being faithful and loyal to a particular person or belief.
49. Two friends should be loyal ______ each other.
50. My close friend is often concerned ______ all problems that I mention.
51. Up to now they have not made a ______ whether they will go or not.
52. She does not see her grandchildren very often so she makes ______ real fuss of them when she does.
53. I was extremely excited when I first enjoyed a football match in the stadium.
54. Something that is ______ makes you feel shy or ashamed.
55. She stood in the mucky yard and hands plunged into the pockets of her ______ coat.
56. We had an interesting journey. Accommodation is free and all we had to pay ______ was meals.
57. She showed the picture ______ us and said “I spent my childhood in that house. It was my happiest days.”
58. We had never experienced this kind of holiday before and had no idea what to expect.
59. The boy glanced at me and turned away.
A. looked carefully B. looked quickly
C. looked attentively
D. looked suspiciously
60. We really do not like his sneaky behavior, which has made us feel uncomfortable.
A. wearing fashionable clothes
B. doing things carefully
C. acting in a secret or deceptive way
D. doing things carelessly
61. Mary spent most her money ______ the help for the poor.
62. Although she studied English at University, she is working ______ an accountant now.
63. He has smoked for more than 20 years, and eventually he ______ from a lung cancer now.
64. It is not easy to ______ our bad habits.
B. take care
65. The governments of many countries are trying to prevent a nuclear ______ at any cost.
66. It‟s important for children to get a good ______.
67. I think you should give it up. There is no ______ for it.
68. She stays ______ home to take care ______ her sick mother.
A. in / for
B. from / at
C. at / of
D. for / with
69. More than 70 people were killed in the ______, caused when a dam burst.
70. Good friendship should be based on ______ understanding.
71. On my birthday, before I blew ______ the candles, I had prayed for my future and my family.
72. ______ is all that most human beings are looking for.
73. We always celebrate our wedding ______ with dinner in an expensive restaurant every year.
74. The climax of the New Year ______ was a firework display.
75. A / An ______ is a special enjoyable event that people organize because something pleasant has happened
or because it is someone‟s birthday or anniversary.
76. Could you keep ______ while I‟m on the phone, please? Don‟t make so much noise
77. The newlywed ______ spent their honeymoon in Hawaii.
78. Do you remember how we used to go to the cinema ______?
A. each other
79. Because of the drought, many people starved to ______.
80. I can‟t stand people with no ______ of humor.
UNIT 5 – 8 ( Lê Thanh Mừng )
1. -------- is the state of not knowing how to read or write.
2. When someone----------a poem or other piece of writing, they say it aloud after they have learn it .
B. takes part in
3. We must start a------for illiteracy eradication immediately
4. In Vietnam, Tet is the grandest and most important------ in the year
5. During Tet holiday, homes are often-------with plants and flowers
6. Carlos was---- the first prize in the essay competition.
7. The number of injuries from automobile accidents------every year.
8. ------ is work that involves studying something and trying to discover facts about it.
9. Time was up, and the judges-------- the results.
10. Each nation has its own way of-------- the New Year.
11. This price reduction is due to------ among suppliers.
12. There are 54--------minorities in Vietnam.
13. The company must reduce costs to compete-----.
14. He was considered “the Man of the Match” because he had------three goals in that match.
15. Education is the best-------for children‟s future.
16. Children will work hard if the lesson are-----A. expressing
17. The United Nations is a (n)-------- organization.
18. He------ his room with pictures of all his favorite sports figures.
19. The FIFA Women‟s World Cup 2007 was ----in China.
20. They were bitterly------ at the result of the game.
21. A---- is a competition in which people try to win something.
22. If you walk on the street before Tet, you will find great-----everywhere.
23. The------of a football team usually wears a colored arm-band.
24. Before Tet, housewives are always busy cooking-------foods.
25. The group that gets the highest score will be the ----A. win
26. ------- people are those who earn their living on agriculture.
27. Both children and adults take part in games and ------forms of entertainment.
28. The fight----- illiteracy continued in the following summer.
29. Many students take part------the campaign for illiteracy eradication.
30. John thanked me-----helping him with the homework.
31. John congratulated us-----passing our exams.
32. His parents prevented him------staying up too late.
33. What do you often do-----the first day of the year ?
34. We insisted ------a refund of the full amount.
35. It is important------ most Vietnamese people to decorate their house on Tet
36. Street are decorated-------colored lights and red banners.
37. In spring, all flowers are-----blossom colorfully.
38. When I was in class, I often sat-------Tommy and Mike.
39. Mr. and Mrs. Smith looked -------to meeting their children soon.
40. How many--------are there in the competition.
11B 12C 13D 14D 15A 16D 17A 18C 19C 20B
21C 22A 23A 24B 25B 26B 27A 28B 29B 30B
31A 32B 33D 34B 35B 36A 37D 38B 39C 40B
C . GRAMMAR
UNIT 1 – 4 ( Vĩnh Long )
81. They all denied ______ her.
A. to see
B. of seeing
C. having ever seen
D. ever having seen
82. Up to two thirds of 14 to 16 year olds admit ______ drink illegally.
A. to buying
B. for buying
C. having bought
83. In addition to ______, I do the washing up.
A. I prepare dinner B. I am preparing dinner C. prepare dinner
D. preparing dinner
84. Tom was accused ______ some top secret document.
A. to steal
B. of having stolen
C. for stealing
D. to have stolen
85. But after ______ it over, I decided to laugh at myself and just join anyway.
A. having thought B. I have thought
C. I have thought
D. to have thought
86. Mary said “I regret ______ him earlier in my life.”
A. to meet
B. not having met
C. to have met
D. at meeting
87. He never admits ______ wrong.
A. to being
B. of being
C. to be
D. to have been
88. ______ from the horseback, he was taken to hospital and had an operation.
A. When falling
B. As he was fallen
C. After having fallen
D. To fall
89. She must ______ for me after realizing I‟d gone missing.
A. having looked B. to have look
D. have looked
90. We are talking ______ Canada for our vacation next month.
A. about having gone
C. about going D. to go
91. The exam is coming so the teachers make their students ______ a lot.
B. to study
92. Her parents want her ______ a doctor.
B. to become
93. I consider it my affair ______ the newcomers in my class.
A. to help
94. These employees are made ______ overtime.
A. to work
95. The teacher never lest us ______ out when ______.
A. to go / explains B. go / explaining
C. going / to explain
D. gone / explained
96. Whenever I see an action film, I feel my heart ______ strongly.
A. to thump
97. He was the first ______ the fire.
B. to discover
98. He advised me ______ the facts before I made a decision ______ the job.
A. considering / to accept
B. consider / accepting
C. consider / accept
D. to consider / to accept
99. It is a nice surprise ______ you here.
B. to see
100. It is impossible ______ such a difficult thing without any help.
A. to do
101. She did not let Peter ______ into the room. She made him ______ outside.
A. to come / waiting B. coming / to wait
C. came / waited
D. come / wait
102. The applicant ______ that position.
A. hoped appointed B. hoped for appointing C. hoped to apoint
D. hoped t be appointed
103. Everyone likes ______ when they have got some success.
A. to congratulate B. to be congratulating C. to be congratulate
D. being congratulated
104. She expects ______ soon, but things seems ______ wrong.
A. promoting / going
B. promoted / go
C. being promoted / to go
D. to be promoted / to go
105. Professor Smith dislikes ______ when he is explaining the lecture.
A. to interrupt
B. being interrupted
C. to be interrupting
106. The novelist often took the telephone off the hook and locken the front door because he does not want
A. to be disturbed B. disturbed
C. being disturbed
D. to be disturbing
107. The little boy hopes ______ to Disneylend Park on his birthday.
A. to take
B. to be taking
C. to be taken
108. John suggested ______ to the new brach in Vietnam.
A. being appointed B. to be appointed
C. to appoint
109. Women deserve ______ equally to men.
B. to pay
D. to be paid
110. I remember ______ my book on the table, but now it is nowhere ______.
A. to put / to see
B. to put / seen
C. putting / seeing
D. putting / to be seen
111. They are whispering to avoid ______ by their friends.
A. being heard
C. to be heard
D. being hearing
112. I remember ______ my mother said the carpets needed ______.
A. to hear / to dry clean
B. hearing / dry cleaning
C. heard / dry cleaned
D. hear / dry cleaning
113. Would you like ______ me some tea?
B. to make
114. When we ______ to see him last night he ______ to music.
A. come / is listening
B. had come / listened
C. came / was listening
D. were coming / had listened
115. He ______ for her for nearly one hour last night before she ______.
A. was waiting / came
B. had been waiting / came
C. has waited / comes
D. waited / will come
116. Right now, Jim ______ the newspaper and Kathy ______ dinner. Last night at this time, they ______ the
A. is reading / is making / were doing
B. reads / makes / had done
C. has read / has made / are doing
D. will read / will make / did
117. My father usually ______ beer after meals but now he ______ tea.
A. drank / was drinking
B. drinks / is drinking
C. has drunk / drinks
D. drinks / drinks
118. Wars ______ the most terrible. At the moment, wars ______ in some places in the world.
A. are / happened
B. have been / have been happening
C. ware / are happening
D. are / are happening
119. Since his bicycle ______ stolen last week, he ______ to school by bus.
A. has been / goes B. had been / was going C. was / has gone
D. was / went
120. When I ______ to the party, Sally and Doug ______, John ______ drinks.
A. was coming / had danced / made
B. had come / danced / made
C. came / were dancing / was making
D. have come / are dancing / is making
121. Nowadays we ______ how important television ______ for our knowledge about the world.
A. know / is
B. is knowing / has been C. knew / will be
D. have known / was
122. When I ______ there, dinner ______, so I had a drink first.
A. get / is prepared
B. get / has been prepared
C. got / had been prepared
D. got / was being prepared
123. He was made ______ his case by a customs officer.
D. to open
124. After finishing high school, I chose ______ to university.
A. not to go
B. not go
C. not going
125. He attempted ______ through the window.
A. to escape
126. It‟s time we ______ this old car and bought a new one.
A. will sell
B. had sold
C. have sold
127. He ______ the office when I arrived.
A. was leaving
B. has left
C. should leave
128. As he ______ dinner, I ______.
A. had / had come B. had / come
C. had / was coming
D. was having / came
129. When I got to the hospital, she ______ in the waiting room.
B. had sat
C. was sitting
D. has sitting
130. She‟ll be a millionaire by the time she ______ forty.
C. will be
D. is going to be
101. D 102. D 103. D 104. D 105. B 106. A 107. C 108. A 109. D 110. D
111. A 112. B 113. B 114. C 115. B 116. A 117. B 118. D 119. C 120. C
121. A 122. D 123. A 124. A 125. A 126. D 127. A 128. D 129. C 130. A
II . UNIT 5 – 8 ( Lê Thanh Mừng )
1. I turned down the job, ------- the attractive salary.
B. because of
2. He doesn‟t catch anything. He never catches………………
3. He could do nothing . He couldn‟t do………….
A . something
4. The lifeguard----------them not to swim too far from the shore.
5. He ---------me to have dinner with him that night.
6. She----------to help me redecorate the room.
7. John reminded me ---------- his motorbike by 8 o‟clock.
A. please return
B. not forget to return
C. to return D. remember to return
8. He---------on seeing the manager of the hotel.
9. Bob------------ having stolen Mary‟s pocket calculator.
10. We warmed him against----------- to the capital by train.
A. to travel
11. The rain prevented us ------------climbing to the top of the mountain.
12. She said that if it ----------the next day, She ------- to see us.
A. doesn‟t rain / will come
B. didn‟t rain / would come
C. hadn‟t rained / would have come
D. wouldn‟t rain / could come
13. If you………..breakfast, you wouldn‟t be hungry now.
A. would have
B. would have had C. had
D. had had
14. Had I known that John wanted to get up early, I --------- him up.
A. would have woken
B. had woken
C. would wake
D. will have woken
15. ---------- wants to speak to you on the phone.
C . Everyone
D. Some people
16. I don‟t want to waste-----------time.
D. some people
17. -------------saw Tom go out , did they ?
18. ------------is out in the garden for the barbecue.
D .Not one
19. John------------to return my book the next Friday.
20. They congratulated me ----------- the exams with high marks.
B. having passed
C. to pass
D. on passing
21. “You should not drink too much beer.”
He ---------me not to drink too much beer.
22. “ Please don‟t smoke in my car”
He asked me ----------- in his car.
A. not to smoke
B. to not smoke
C . not smoking
D. not smoke
23. The thief admitted ------------ Mr. Brown‟s car.
A. to steal
24. The boy ----------- breaking the window of the woman‟s house .
25. He asked her ------------- if someone stepped on her feet .
A. what she would say
B. what would she say
C. what will she say
D. she would say what
26. The man said to me -------------- him he would have lent me his motorbike.
A. If I asked
B. If I had asked
C. If I would ask
D. If I didn‟t ask
27. I like reading books , especially the ------------ about the natural world.
28. -------------- phoned while you were out , but they didn‟t leave a message.
D. no one
29. ------my brother were lazy, he would have passed the exam.
30. Does ------------- mind if I eat first?
31. He advised me ……… the 6 o‟clock train.
A. will catch
C. to catch
32 David asked me ……… me the book the day before.
A. if who gave
B. if who has given C. who had given
D. that who had given
33. Tom apologized for………. me earlier.
A. not ringing
B. not to ring
C. not ring
D. to not ring
34. Cindy…….. that I could keep her book for another two days.
A. said me
C. told me
D. spoke me
35. I asked him ……… but he said nothing.
A. what the matter was
B. what was the matter
C. the matter was what
D. what‟s the matter was
36. The boss wanted to……….. something to Lan.
37. Miss White thanked Peter ……… her the present.
A. for giving
B. to give
D. on giving
38. Mary told me she……… to several interviews before she took that one.
A. had been
C. has been
D. would have been
39. I advised her………anything about it to her friends.
A. not say
C. not saying
D. not to say
40. His sister apologized ………. rude to him.
B. for being
C. to be
D. to being
41. If someone--------in here with a gun, I‟d be very frightened
C. had walked
D. would walk
42. He always -------if I‟m late.
D. had complained
43. Jim congratulated me on-------the final exams.
C. to pass
44. Margaret apologized -------me earlier.
A. for phone
B. for not phoning
C. to phone
D. for not phone
45. When I arrived, I didn‟t see----there. Everyone had gone home.
D. no one
46. Nobody-------to stay home on such a lovely summer day.
D. to want
47. -------anyone know where he‟s now ?
48. They said to me if -------they would go out with me.
A. it didn‟t rain
B. it doesn‟t rain
C. hadn‟t rained
D. would rain
49. He-----Sue to give him her phone number.
50. He said that if his car was working, he--------me to the station.
C. will drive
D. would drive
11B 12B 13D 14A 15A 16B 17C 18C 19B 20D
21B 22A 23B 24B 25A 26B 27B 28A 29A 30B
31C 32C 33A 34C 35A 36A 37A 38A 39D 40B
41A 42B 43B 44B 45B 46B 47C 48A 49C 50D
D . CULTURAL TIPS
UNIT 1 – 4 ( Vĩnh Long )
131. ______?-Please open the door for me. …………………………….
A. Can I help you? B. What can I do to you? C. May you need a hand? D. A and B are correct.
132. Do you enjoy listenning to music? ……………………………….
A. No. But I used to.
C. Yes. I used to
B. No. I didn‟t
D. Yes. I am
I like to read picture and adventure books.
A. What are your like books?
B. What kinds of books are you like?
C. What are your favorite books?
D. What do you like to read books?
134. What should I do after a hard working day? …………………………………
A. You should relax.
B. You should retire.
C. You should go on working hard.
D. You should play football.
Yes. That‟s very kind of you.
A. Do I help you?
B. May I help you?
C. Can I help you?
D. B and C are correct.
We‟ve been playing since 3 pm.
A. How far have you been playing football? B. How long have you been playing football?
C. What time have you been playing football? D. When have you been playing football?
A. How much money are your jeans?
B. How much are your jeans?
C. How much money do your jeans cost?
D. How much are your jeans‟ cost?
Go straight and then turn right.
A. Do you please tell me the way to the shopping centre?
B. May you please tell me the way to the shopping centre?
C. Should you please tell me the way to the shopping centre?
D. Would you please tell me the way to the shopping centre?
139. I promise to mail you. ………………………………..
B. I‟m afraid not.
C. No, thank you.
D. Don‟t forget
140. Where can we meet? ………………………………..
A. How about the park?
B. What‟s about the park?
C. How‟s about the park?
D. A, B and C are correct.
141. Which sport do you refer to play? ……………………………………
A. I‟m good playing soccer.
B. I‟d like playing soccer.
C. I enjoy playing soccer.
D. A, B and C are correct.
Yes, I have.
A. Have you ever attended a festival rice-cooking?
B. Have you ever attended a rice-cooking festival?
C. Have you ever attended a cooking-rice festival?
D. Have you ever attended a festival cooking-rice?
143. ………………………….. ? We do.
A. Who take part in the game?
B. Who participate the game?
C. Who take the part in the game?
D. A, B and C are correct.
144. How do I have to make the meat warmer, so that it is no longer frozen? …………………………
A. Cook it.
B. Boil it.
C. Fry it.
D. Defrost it.
131. D 132. A 133. C 134. A 135. C 136. B 137. B 138. D 139. D 140. C
141. C 142. B 143. A 144. D
UNIT 5 – 8 ( Lê Thanh Mừng )
1. Hung: “Thank you very much for a lovely party”
Hoa: “ ……………”
A. You are welcome B. Thanks
D. Have a good day
2. Jane: “ How are you today, Thomas?”
Thomas: “ ……………”
B. No, thanks
C. Fine, thanks
D. Yes, thanks
3. An: “Do you think it will rain?”
Binh: “ Oh! …………”
A. I don‟t hope so
B. I don‟t hope
C. It‟s hopeless
D. I hope not
4. Lan: “What‟s your name?”
D. Forgive me
5. Jane: “Do you think you will get the job?”
Mary: “ ……………..”
A. I know so
B. Well, I hope so
C. I think not
D. Yes, that‟s right
6. David: “ Happy Christmas!”
Jason: “ ……………!”
A. You are the same B. Same for you
C. The same to you D. Happy Christmas with you
7. Linda: “ Excuse me! Where‟s the post office?”
Mary: “ …………….”
A. Don‟t worry
B. It‟s over there
C. I‟m afraid not
D. Yes, I think so
8. Tom: “How did you get there?”
John: “ ……………..”
A. I came here last night
B. The train is so crowded
C. Is it far from here?
D. I came here by train
9. Lan: “Whose bicycle is that?”
Chi: “ ……………”
A. It‟s just outside
B. It‟s Jane
C. It‟s Jane‟s
D. No, It‟s over there
10. John: “How often do you go to school?”
Jane: “ ……………”
A. I don‟t think so
B. I go there early
C. I go there by bus D. Every day except Sunday
11. A: “ Where do you come from?” B: “ ………………”
A. I‟m living in London
B. In London
C. Yes, I have just come here
D. I come from London
12. Jim: “Have you ever been abroad?”
A. Yes, I have
B. No, I didn‟t
C. No, I don‟t
D. Yes, I do
13. Helen: “Congratulations!”
A. What a pity!
B. Thank you
C. I‟m sorry
D. You are welcome
14. Alice: “ What shall we do this morning?”
A. Let‟s go out for dinner
B. No problem
C. Oh, that‟s good!
D. I went out for dinner
15. Maria: “ I‟m taking my driving test tomorrow”
Sarah: “ …………. !”
A. Good day
B. Good luck
C. Good time
D. Good chance
16. Ann: “ ……….. where the nearest post office is?”
Linda: “ Turn left and then turn right”
A. Will you say me B. Could you tell me C. Do you tell me
D. Should you show me
17. “Would you like to have dinner with me?”
A. Yes, I‟d love to
B. Yes, so do I
C. I‟m very happy
D. Yes, it is
18. “I‟ve passed my driving test”
A. That‟s a good idea B. Congratulation!
C. Do you?
D. It‟s nice of you to say so
19. “How do you do?” – “ …………..”
A. I‟m well, thanks B. Yeah, OK
C. How do you do? D. Not too bad
20. “You look nice today. I like your new hairstyle”.
– “ ………………”
A. It‟s nice of you to say so
B. Shall I?. Thanks
C. Oh, well done!
D. I feel interesting to hear that
21. “How about driving to the countryside this Sunday ?” – “----------- “
A. That‟s a good idea
B. That‟s my pleasure
C. Never mind
D. Yes, I‟m driving
22. “ Would you like a drink ?” – “ Oh, yes.------- a coke. Thank you.
A. I have
B. I‟m having
C. I will have
D. I‟m going to have
23. “ You don‟t work at weekends, do you ?”-“---------“
A. Yes, I don‟t
B. No problem
C. Of course not
D. Never mind
24. “ Can I help you?”-“----------“
A. At two o‟clock
B. I can help you
C. No, I don‟t
D. Yes, please
25. “ Do you mind if I borrow a chair?”- “---------- . Do you only need one?”
A. I‟m sorry
B. not at all
C. Yes, I do
D. Yes, I would
26. “ It‟s time for lunch.”- “--------“
A. Oh, good !
B. One hour
C. No, I don‟t
D. Haft past twelve
27. “ Would you like a drink?”-“---------“
A. I don‟t like coffee B. I prefer tea
C. Coffee, please
D. Never mind
28. “ He can‟t type very fast” – “----------“
A. I can too
B. So can I
C. I can‟t
D. Neither can I
29. “ Joe has broken this plate” – “-------“
A. Here you are
B. Thanks a lot
C. That‟s very good D. It doesn‟t matter
30. “Let‟s have a pizza” – “----------“
A. Not again
B. It doesn‟t matter C. Not at all
D. Not really
11D 12A 13B 14A 15B 16B 17A 18B 19C 20A
21A 22C 23C 24D 25B 26A 27C 28D 29D 30A
E . WRITING ( UNIT 1- 4 - Hoà Bình )
A. SENTENCE TRANSFORMATION
1. We had our house decorated to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
A. We had someone decorate our house.
B. We had to decorate our house.
C.Our house needs to be decorated.
D. We helped my father decorate our house.
2. She is sure to come to the party.
A. I‟m sure she came to the party.
B. She‟ll surely come to the party.
C.She is certain she came to the party.
D. She knows they will come to the party.
3. She is not old enough to get married.
A. She is too young get married.
B. She is so young that she can‟t get married.
C. She is much too young, so can get married.
D. She is so young that she can get married.
4. My friend is keen on learning different languages.
A. It is my friend keenness to learn different languages.
B. Learn different languages is my friend‟s hobby.
C. My friend would like to learn different languages.
D. Different languages is my friend‟s hobby.
5. When did you begin to work in remote or mountainous areas?
A. How long did you work in remote or mountainous areas?
B. How long did you begin working in remote or mountainous areas?
C. How long are you working in remote or mountainous areas?
D. How long have you been working in remote or mountainous areas?
6. I haven‟t worked in orphanages for years.
A. I haven‟t worked in orphanages for long ago.
B. The last time I worked in orphanages since years ago.
C. I didn‟t work in orphanages years ago.
D. I last worked in orphanages years ago.
7. Our parents don‟t like us to come home late.
A. Our parents don‟t care about our coming home late.
B. Our parents don‟t approve of our coming home late.
C. Our parents want us to stay home.
D. Our parents would rather us to come home early
8. “I‟m sorry I forgot your birthday”, Harry told Mary.
A. Harry said sorry to Mary for forgetting her birthday.
B. Harry felt sorry to forget Mary‟s birthday.
C. Harry apologized Mary for having forgotten her birthday.
D. Harry really felt a pity not to remember Mary‟s birthday.
9. My friend doesn‟t really want to talk to him.
A. My friend would rather not talk to him.
B. My friend is not going to talk to him
C. My friend won‟t talk to him.
D. My friend don‟t mean to talk to him.
10. His friend is a man of extreme honest man.
A. His friend is an extremely honest man.
B. It is extremely honest that his friend is a man.
C. It is of extreme honesty to a man like his friend.
D. His friend is an extreme honesty man.
11. I would rather you stopped talking about her.
A. I would rather stop talking about her.
B. I prefer you not to talk about her any more.
C. I would rather you not talk about her.
D. I want you to talk about her.
12. I can‟t stand it when people criticize me in public.
A. People can‟t criticize me in public.
B. When people criticize me in public I don‟t stand there.
C. I can‟t stand in public when people criticize me.
D. I hate being criticized in public.
13. “Would you like some coffee?” Peter asked me.
A. Peter asked me if I liked coffee.
B. Peter asked me to make him a cup of coffee.
C. Peter offered to give me some coffee.
D. Peter, do you like some coffee?
14. John didn‟t come to the party because he was seriously ill.
A. John‟s party was not serious.
B. John was too ill to come to the party.
C. John never comes to the party.
D. John was absent from the party many times.
15. My mother never allows me to go out alone at night.
A. My mother never lets me go out alone at night.
B. I was not allowed to go out go out alone at night.
C. My mother never goes out alone at night.
D. My mother and I usually go out alone at night.
16. “Thanks a lot for coming to the party”, the host said to the guests.
A. The host said thanks a lot for coming to the party.
B. The host requested coming to the party.
C. The host proposed coming to the party.
D. The host thanked the guests for coming to the party.
17. “Shall I make you a coffee?” the girl said to the lady.
A. The girl wanted to make a coffee for the lady.
B. The girl offered to make a coffee for the lady.
C. The girl refused to make a coffee for the lady.
D. The girl promised to make a coffee for the lady.
18. “Would you like to come to my birthday party, Sarah?” asked Tom.
A. Tom invited Sarah to his birthday party.
B. Tom asked if Sarah was able to come to his birthday party.
C. Tom asked Sarah if she like his birthday party or not.
D. Tom reminded Sarah of his coming birthday party.
19. It‟s no use trying to persuade Tom to change his mind.
A. It‟s worth trying to persuade Tom to change his mind.
B. Persuading Tom to change his mind is no point.
C. There‟s no point in trying to persuade Tom to change his mind.
D. It‟s useful trying to persuade Tom to change his mind.
20. “Can you tell me what she looks like?” he said.
A. He asked me if I can tell him what she looks like.
B. He asked me if I could tell him what she liked.
C. He asked me to tell him what she look like.
D. He asked me to describe her to him.
B. SENTENCE COMPLETION
1. It took me a long time to _________________________
A. get used wearing to glasses.
B. get used to wearing glasses.
C. get used to wear glasses.
D. getting used to wearing glasses.
2. I expected_______________, but I wasn‟t.
A. to invite to the party.
B. to be invited to the party.
C. inviting to the party.
D. being invited to the party.
3. The doctor advised Robert___________________
A. to take more exercise if he wanted to lose weight.
B. to take more exercise so that he could to lose weight.
C. that he takes more exercise to lose weight.
D. that he should take more exercise in order that to lose weight.
4. Taking exercise____________________________
A. is good health for you.
B. is good for your healthy.
C. is a good health for you.
D. is good for your health.
5. He went to the library_______________
A. so that to borrow a book.
B. to borrowing a book.
C. so as to borrow a book.
D. in order that borrow a book.
6. When you got back, he ____________________________
A. will leave London for New York.
B. has left London for New York.
C. had already left London for New York. D. leaves London for New York.
7. Big Brother is________________________
A. the name of a club.
B. a home for children.
C. an organization for boys who no longer have fathers.
D. the name of a film.
8. He went to the department store___________________
A. bought his mother a new hat.
B. buy his mother a new hat.
C. to buying his mother a new hat.
D. to buy his mother a new hat.
9. I am very interested _______________
A. in the information you give it to me.
B. about the information you gave me.
C. in the information you gave me.
D. about the information you give it to me.
10. It is seven years since we_______________________
A. last talked to Daisy.
B. have talked to Daisy.
C. last talked Daisy.
D. talked to last Daisy.
11. The president congratulated the players_____________________
A. for winning the cup.
B. because of winning the cup.
C. on winning the cup.
D. about their winning the cup.
12. While I was working in the garden, _____________________
A. my son played video games.
B. my wife has cleaned the house.
C. my son was playing video games.
D. my wife had been cleaning the house.
13. When young, my sister and I were not used to _________________
A. going out on our own.
B. having gone out on our own.
C. go out ourselves.
D. go out on our own.
14. He was just beginning to leave the office__________________
A. as soon as the phone rang.
B. when the phone rang.
C. while the phone rang.
D. by the time the phone rang.
15. They usually take part_________________
A. to help people in mountainous areas.
B. helping people in mountainous areas.
C. in helping with people in mountainous areas.
D. in helping people in mountainous areas.
C. ERROR IDENTIFICATION
1. I am delighted hearing the news.
2. It‟s so cold to go out.
A B C
3. You can‟t always insist your own way – there has to be some give- and – take.
4. Despite many changes in his life, he remained loyal with his working principles.
5. We have been friends with each other because of she used to live next door to me.
6. Two close friends can spend time to be together without needing to pretend.
7. A friend can help you solve problems and to share the grief times along with the great
8. It took her a long time getting accustomed to the new environment and make friends with
9. I often listen music when I have free time.
10. We spent a week to preparing for our concert.
11. It‟s impossible for me being there before 8p.m.
12. She likes her job but does not like wear uniforms.
13. While Tina looked for a flashlight, the lights came back on.
14. When he came, we were having dinners.
15. They speak English well because they practice speak it every day.
16. Never before I have visited this fascinating place.
17. When I was a small, I used to go fishing with my father and my brother.
18. Why didn‟t you came to my party last night?
19. According with Gardener, it is motivation that plays an important role in his success.
20. I will tell John about it when I will see him this afternoon.
21. Although they are not young, they work very hardly.
22. I do not know what time does she gets up every morning.
23. He didn‟t get the job despite of his experience in the field.
24. His brother can‟t walk to work now because his broken leg.
25. The young teachers, wanted a Foreign Language Teaching Workshop to be holding in Ho
Chi Minh city.
26. Mary‟s children are used to be picked up school every day. They don‟t have to walk home.
27. I went shopping for buying some fruits this morning.
28. Would you mind to wait for a moment?
29. I am looking forward meeting you.
30. The children admitted to have taken the money.
D. SENTENCE BUILDING
1. Peter/ my close friend
A. Peter is my close friend.
B. Peter is one of my close friends.
C. Peter is one my close friend.
D. Peter is the one of my close friend.
2. I/ eager/ look forward to/ enjoy/ it
A. I am too eager to looking forward to enjoying it.
B. I am enough eager to looking forward to enjoying it.
C. I am so eager to looking forward to enjoy it.
D. I am so eager to look forward to enjoying it.
3. We/ be / friends / last school year
A. We have been friends since last school year.
B. We were friends since last school year
C. We have been friends last school year
D. We are friends since last school year
4. John/ good / Maths
A. John is very good at Math.
B. John is too good at Math.
C. John is very good for Math.
D. John is too good for Math.
5. Peter/ sincere/ easy-going/ man/ a sense of humour
A. Peter is the sincere and easy-going man whose has a sense of humour.
B. Peter that is a sincere and easy-going man with a sense of humour.
C. Peter is a sincere and easy-going man who is a sense of humour.
D. Peter is a sincere and easy-going man with a sense of humour.
6. She/ 5 feet/ good looking/ friendly
A. She is 5 feet, good looking, but friendly.
B. She is 5 feet tall, and good looking, friendly.
C. She is 5 feet, good looking, and friendly.
D. She is 5 feet tall but good looking, and friendly.
7. next Saturday/ 18th birthday
A. Next Saturday is my 18th birthday.
B. Next Saturday is the day of my 18th birthday.
C. Next Saturday would be my 18th birthday
D. Next Saturday will have been my 18th birthday.
8. I/ invite/ you / the party/ 6pm/ my house.
A. So that I would like to invite you to the party at 6pm at my house.
B. I was invited you to the party at 6pm at my house.
C. I would like to invite you to the party at 6pm at my house.
D. I would like to invite you to the party, that will be at 6pm at my house.
9. We/ invite/ you / our house/ enjoy/ party
A. We would like invite you to our house and enjoy the party.
B. We want to invite you for our house and enjoy the party.
C. We would like invite you to our house and enjoying the party.
D. We would like invite you to our house and so enjoy the party.
10. We / build/ shelters/ for them/ settle down
A. We are now building some shelters for them to settle down.
B. We are now building some shelters for them settling down.
C. We are now built some shelters for them to settling down.
D. When we are now building some shelters for them to settle down.
11. We/ grateful/ you/ give us a donation
A. We would be very grateful if you could give us a donation.
B. We are very grateful because you can give us a donation.
C. We will be very grateful so you could have given us a donation.
D. So we are very grateful if you will give us a donation
12. We/buy/ her/ flowers/ presents/ a birthday cake.
A. We bought her flowers, presents, and especially a birthday cake.
B. So, we bought her flowers and presents, with a birthday cake.
C. We bought her flowers and presents, but a birthday cake.
D. We bought her flowers and presents, such as especially a birthday cake.
13. There/ be/ special program/ delicious dishes/ my mother/ I/ prepare.
A. There are a special program and delicious dishes which my mother and I are preparing.
B. There will be a special program and delicious dishes which my mother and I are preparing.
C. There will be a special program and delicious dishes so that my mother and I are preparing.
D. There is a special program and delicious dishes which my mother and I am preparing.
14. My friend/ age/ twenty.
A. My friend has got twenty of age.
B. My friend is twenty in age.
C. My friend is in twenty years old.
D. My friend is at the age of twenty.
15. my parents‟ silver anniversary / celebrate/ 6pm next Sunday
A. My parents‟ silver anniversary must be celebrated at 6pm next Sunday.
B. My parents‟ silver anniversary that will be celebrated at 6pm next Sunday.
C. My parents‟ silver anniversary will be celebrated at 6pm next Sunday.
D. It is my parents‟ silver anniversary will be celebrated at 6pm next Sunday.
WRITING (UNIT 5- 8 - Phú Thịnh )
CHOOSE THE UNDERLINED PART AMONG A, B, C OR D THAT NEEDS CORRECTING
1. Were body hurt in the accident ?
2. There was no time to have a breakfast .
3. The flight departures from Tan Son Nhat airport at 9:30 .
4. He dined to open the letter and I believed him .
5. She needs a good advice about choosing a career .
6. I think I am really lucky that I could met you .
7. He is living by his uncle in the country .
8. No one saw Tom go into the hall , did him ?
9.The news are on TV soon .
10.Never I have seen such an excited film .
anything to you .
12.Dogs can swim
cats are .
13. I‟ve never seen
such that a bad film .
14.If any body phone me, tell him I am out .
15.Whatever happened, I didn‟t want to lose friendship of Vera.
16. I will like another cup of coffee , please !
17.She is proud of being born
18. It‟s easier if you avoid to go to the places where other people smoke .
19. Anything dictionary will give you the meaning of these words.
20. Everyone are afraid of dying .
21.They have books enough in the house, they don‟t have to buy any .
22. If it had not been rained so hard, we would have dined out .
23.These televisions are quiet popular in Europe, but those one are not .
24.She said that if it does not rain tomorrow, she would go out with you .
25.The light should be turned off before going out
26.I don‟t want to go with him , he drives very dangerous .
27.Vietnamese woman were official allowed to vote in 1945 .
28.Guests receive dinner at arrival at the hotel .
29. I don‟t want trouble with you with such a small problem .
30.There is something is wrapped in this blue paper .
22 . B
Choose the best answer to complete each of the following sentences:
1……………….. because he was too lazy.
A. The boss threatened to dismiss him
B. The boss threatened him to dismiss
C.The boss suggested him to dismiss
D. The boss promised him to dismiss
2. I have ever advised………………….. the lotel for reservation.
A.him to phone and writing
B. to phone and write him
C. him both phoning and writing
D. him either to phone or to write
3. Claire had………………. her the truth.
A.made to promise me to tell
B. made me promising to tell
C. made me promise to tell
D. made me promise telling
4. A passer- by……………… his car so that it was not causing an obstruction.