BÀI GIẢNG ENGLISH 11
1. Population is quite equally distributed all over the
earth. True or False?
2. Most of the world's population lives in the
Southern Hemisphere. True or False?
3. Almost all people live on a small part of the earth.
True or False?
4. Which three countries have
China, India, and the
the largest populations in the
5. How many people live in
• Latin America
• Developing countries
• Punishment (hình
phạt) ≠ reward
• Rank (xếp hạng)
Explosion (bùng nổ)
Solution (giải pháp)
Improvement (sự cải
• Shortage (sự thiếu)
Task 1: Listen to the expert and decide
whether the statements are TRUE or FALSE
1. According to the expert, there are over 6.7
billion people in the world today.
2. The expert says the population of the world
increases by 76 million a year.
3. The expert says Africa has the highest
population growth rate.
4. Scientists say that a fall in death rates is the
main reason for population explosion.
5. One of the problems mentioned by the expert
is about living conditions.
6. There were four solutions that the expert
Task 2: Listen again and answer the following questions
1. According to the expert, what will the population of
the world be by the year 2015?
The population of the world will be over 7 billion.
2. What did the expert say about the population growth
rates in some parts of the world?
The population grows more quickly in some parts of
the world than others.
3. According to the expert, what is the reason for a fall
in the death rates?
The improvement of public health services and
4. According to the expert, what problems does
population explosion cause to the world, particularly
to the developing countries?
Shortage of _________
Lack of ___________
schools and _________
Low living standars
5. What are the solutions the expert offered?
• To __________
educate people and make them aware of the
danger of having ______
• To provide safe, inexpensive ___________________
implement a family planning policy.
• To strictly _____________
exercise strict and fair reward and ___________
• To __________
Rate of population growth.
Reason for the population explosion.
Problems of the population explosion.
Solutions to the problems.