Sở Giáo Dục và Đào Tạo Long An
Trường THPT Chuyên Long An
Năm học: 2017 – 2018
ĐỀ KIỂM TRA 45 PHÚT LẦN 1 - HKI
Môn: Tiếng Anh - Lớp: 11CB1
Total Score: ________________
Complete the sentences. Put the verb into the correct form.
Trees................more quickly in summer than in winter. (grow)
In 1788 he............................his last great work in Vienna. (write)
‘How are you getting on with the book?' At the moment I ............... chapter four. (read)
Scientists.........................some fundamental discoveries in the 18th century. (make)
'What's that terrible noise?' `The neighbors..........................a party.' (have)
I didn't have enough time ________ (finish) my work yesterday.
She seldom lets her children __________ (stay) up very late.
We had nothing __________ (do) except look at the cinema posters.
Remember ________ (check) your answer before handing in your exam paper.
You'd better_______ (go) and see the boss and say what you've done. If you put off _______
(explain) it to her, she'll only more annoyed.
10. It's no use _______ (try) ______ (persuade) her _______ (change) her mind. Spend your time
_______ (do) something more worthwhile.
A. Choose the one word or phrase- a, b, c, or d - that best completes the sentences or
substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
1. What made you more interested ________ learning English?
Read the passage carefully, then decide whether the following statements are true (T) or false
When you go to the party in Atlantica, don't bring a gift. If you do so, our hosts will believe that
you think they are poor. Never arrive on time in Atlantica. Come one or two hours late because your
hosts will not be on time themselves. In Atlantica, all schedules (even airline schedules) run on
'elastic time'.At dinner time, eat only what the hosts serve you. If you ask for something special, the
host try to get what you want, even if they have to go out to the store that evening. And never look
at the other guests while you eat. Instead, look down at your food. Use a spoon for all food, even
hard foods like fried meat.
41. Bringing a small present is something you should do when you're invited to a party in Atlantica.
42. Never be late to the party in Atlantica.
43. ‘Elastic time' probably means that schedules in Atlantica are not exact.
44. Don't ask your hosts for something special to eat.
45. Don't use spoon to eat hard foods like fried meat.
Write a second sentence so that it has similar meaning to the first. Use the word or
words in brackets.
1. I started working in this hotel six months ago. (worked)