400 CÂU TRẮC NGHIỆM THEO CHỦ ĐỀ
(tổng hợp từ đề Đại học chính thức)
1. THÌ + CÂU ĐIỀU KIỆN …………………….…
2. DẠNG ĐỘNG TỪ ……………………………..
3. LIÊN TỪ + CẤU TRÚC CÂU …………………
4. GIỚI TỪ ……………………………………...…
5. TỪ VỰNG + COLLOCATION ……………….
6. ĐỘNG TỪ KHIẾM KHUYẾT …………….…..
7. PHRASAL VERBS và IDIOMS ……………….
8. TỔNG HỢP..(Hòa hợp S và V, Mệnh đề Danh ngữ, Câu hỏi Đuôi,..)
PHẦN 1: THÌ + CÂU ĐIỀU KIỆN
1. If she
rich, she would travel around the world.
A. would be
C. has been
2. If you had taken my advice, you..........in such difficulties.
A. won't be
B. hadn't been C. wouldn't be D. wouldn't have been
3. My cat would not have bitten the toy fish..........it was made of rubber.
A. if she has known
B. if she should know
C. had she known
D. if she knew
4. They will stay there for some days if the weather
A. would be
D. will be
5. If she
sick, she would have gone out with me to the party.
A. hadn’t been
C. hasn’t been D. wasn’t
law for four years now at Harvard.
A. is studying
B. has been studying
7. Our industrial output
from $2 million in 2002 to $4 million this year.
B. has risen
C. was rising
8. If everyone
, how would we control the traffic?
A. could fly
B. can fly
D. had flown
9. It is blowing so hard. We
such a terrible storm.
A. have never known
B. have never been knowing
C. never know
D. had never known
10.“You’ll recognize Jenny when you see her. She
a red hat.”
A. will wear
B. will be wearing
D. is wearing
for the heavy storm, the accident would not have happened.
B. hadn’t been
12.Only one of our gifted students to participate in the final competition.
A. has been chosen B. have been chosen C. were choosing D. chosen
_ so that it would be easier to carry them.
A. are tied in a bundle
B. are tied altogether
C. were tied in a knot
D. were tied together
14.The boat was sailing north when a terrible storm
A. had broken
C. would break D. was breaking
15.Due to ever more spreading poaching, there _ a dramatic decline in the
number of elephants over the last decade.
C. has been
D. had been
16. I work last week, but I changed my mind.
A. have started
B. was going to start C. had started D. would start
17. I ..with my aunt when I am on holiday in Ho Chi Minh City next month.
A. will have been staying
B. will have stayed
D. will be staying
18.“What if the earth stopped
C. happens D. will happen
B. would happen
19. “Could you turn off the stove? The potatoes for at least thirty minutes.”
B. were boiling
C. are boiling D. have been boiling
20. The theory of relativity
by Einstein, who was a famous physicist.
A. was developed B. is developed
21. a few more minutes, we could have finished the task.
A. Unless we had B. If we had had
C. If we have D. If we had
22. We could have caught the last train, but we
five minutes late.
B. have been
C. would be
23. Students will not be allowed into the exam room if they their student cards.
A. didn't produce B. don’t produce
D. hadn’t produced
24. The headmaster has decided that three lecture halls
in our school next semester.
A. will build
B. will be building
C. are being built D. will be built
25. It is raining heavily with rolls of thunder. We such a terrible thunderstorm.
A. would never see B. had never seen C. have never seen D. never see
26. Without your help, I
the technical problem with my computer the other day.
A. wouldn’t solve B. couldn’t have solved C. could solve D. can’t solve
27.For the last 20 years, we significant changes in the world of science and
B. have witnessed
D. are witnessing
28.I haven‘t met him again since we school ten years ago.
A. have left
D. had left
29.I my old school teacher last week.
C. am visiting D. have visited
30.I all of my homework last night.
B. will finish
C. have finished D. finished
31. Lan _
learning English a few years ago.
B. will start
D. is starting
32.Last week, we
_ an interesting film about the animal world.
A. see B. saw
C. are seeing
D. will see
33. My best friend, Lan, to England 10 years ago.
A. was moving B. moves
D. has moved
34. If he were better qualified, he get the job.
PHẦN 2: DẠNG ĐỘNG TỪ
1. Mary was the last applicant .
A. to be interviewed
B. to be interviewing
C. to interview
D. to have interviewed
2. The equipment in our office needs .
C. modernized D. Modernization
3. Nowadays children would prefer history _ in more practical ways.
A. be taught
B. to teach
C. to be taught D. teach
4. The room needs
for the wedding.
B. to decorate
D. be decorated
5. I am considering
my job. Can you recommend a good company?
A. to move
C. to change
6. I'm sure you'll have no
A. difficulty passing
B. difficulties to pass
C. difficulty to pass
D. difficulties of passing
7. “I’d rather you
_ home now.”
8. Susan’s doctor insists
for a few days.
A. that she is resting B. her resting C. that she rest D. her to rest
9. “How many times have I told you football in the street?”
A. not playing
B. do not play C. not to play
D. not to have played
10.Neil Armstrong was the first man on the moon.
A. to walk
D. has walked
11.I’ve warned you many times the front door unlocked.
A. not leaving
B. won’t leave
C. not to leave D. don’t leave
12. It is imperative
what to do when there is a fire.
A. he must know about
B. that everyone know
C. that he knew
D. we knew
13.Our boss would rather
during the working hours.
A. we didn’t chat B. we don’t chat
C. us not chat D. us not chatting
14.The restaurants on the island are expensive, so it’s worth a packed lunch.
A. to take
15.The struggle for women’s rights began in the 18th century during a period as
the Age of Enlightenment.
A. that knew
D. is knowing
16. It has been suggested that Mary a computer course in preparation for a steady
A. would have taken B. have been taken C. take D. was taken
17.The Principal usually has his pupils waste paper for their mini-project.
C. to collect
D. having collected
18.Geometry is a branch of mathematics the properties of lines, curves, shapes,
A. that concerning with
B. concerned with
C. that concerned with
D. that it is concerned with
19. one of the most beautiful forms of performance art, ballet is a combination
of dance and mime performed to music.
A. Being considering B. Considering
C. Considered D. To consider
20.Michael looked deeply hurt and surprised when
C. to scold
D. having scolded
21.Connecticut was the fifth of the original thirteen states
the Constitution of
the United States.
A. to ratify
D. have ratified
22.No one can avoid
A. to be influenced B. having influenced C. influencing D. being influenced
23.The children ran away as if they a ghost.
A. have seen
B. had seen
C. would see
24.Books and magazines
around made his room very untidy.
A. that lie
C. which lied D. Lying
25.“My secretary will book you an afternoon flight and have you at the airport.”
A. picking up
B. to pick up
C. picked up
D. pick up
26.Do you remember
to help us when we were in difficulty?
A. you offer
B. being offered
C. to offer
D. once offering
in after 30 April will not be considered.
B. which sent
D. that is sent
28. “It’s about time you
your homework, Mary.”
C. will do
A. must do
29. The girl was used
birthday presents from her brothers.
A. to receive
B. to be receiving
C. to being received
D. to receiving
30. Although MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) spreads through close
contact with sick people, not through the air, many people still avoid
A. having gone
C. to go
31. By the time their babies arrive, the Johnsons hope painting the nursery.
A. have finished
C. to finish
32. In the wake of increasing food poisoning, many consumers have turned to
A. that grown
C. which grows D. are grown
33. Most teenagers enjoy
the Internet for information and entertainment.
D. to surf
34.Richard, my neighbor,
in World War II.
A. says to fight
B. says to have foughtC. is said to fight D. is said to have
35.Her fiancé is said
from Harvard University five years ago.
A. having graduatedB. to have graduated
B. C. being graduated
D. to be graduated
PHẦN 3: LIÊN TỪ + CẤU TRÚC CÂU
1. What beautiful eyes _ !
A. does she have B. she has
C. has she
D. she doesn't have
2. the storm, the ship couldn't reach its destination on time.
A. In case of
B. In spite of
C. Because of D. But for
3. He hurried
he wouldn't be late for class.
B. as if
D. so that
4. Do you know
A. what wrong was it with
B. what's wrong with it
C. what wrong was with it
D. what wrong is it with
5. , the results couldn't be better.
A. No matter what he tried hard
B. No matter how hard he tried
C. Although very hard he tried
D. Despite how hard he tried
6. I hadn’t realized she was English she spoke.
A. only after
B. in case
7. Ensure there is at least a 3cm space allow adequate ventilation.
A. in view of
B. so as to
C. so that
D. with a view to
8. He was
A. so good a
B. so a good
C. how good a D. what a good
9. The building has a smoke detector any fires can be detected immediately.
A. if B. as if
C. such as
D. so that
10. Prizes are awarded _
the number of points scored.
A. because of
B. according to
C. adding up
D. resulting in
11. The doctor decided to give her a thorough examination he could identify the
causes of her illness.
B. so as
D. so that
12. The price of fruit has increased recently, the price of vegetables has gone
13. I won’t change my mind
what you say.
B. no matter
14. The United States consists of fifty states, _
has its own government.
A. each of which B. hence each
C. they each
D. each of that
15. They didn’t find
in a foreign country.
A. it easy to live
B. it easy live
C. it to live easy D. easy to live
16. There was nothing they could do leave the car at the roadside where it had
B. instead of
17. broken several world records in swimming.
A. She is said that she has
B. People say she had
C. She is said to have
D. It is said to have
18. “You can go to the party tonight you are sober when you come home.”
A. as long as
B. as well as
C. as far as
D. as soon as
19. “The inflation rate in Greece is five times my country,” he said.
A. as high as that in B. as much as
C. as many as that in D. more than
20. Not having written about the required topic, a low mark, .
A. the teacher gave me
B. I was given
C. the teacher gave
D. my presentation was given
21. We have bought extra food
our guests stay to dinner.
A. so that
D. in case
22. I might, I couldn’t open the door.
A. However hard B. As try
C. Try as
D. No matter
23. Before I left for my summer camp, my mother told me to take warm clothes
with me it was cold.
A. so that
D. in case
24. “Never be late for an interview, you can’t get the job.”
B. if not
C. or so
25. The temperature
takes place varies widely from material to material.
A. which melting B. which they melt
B. C. at which melting
D. at which they melt
26. She built a high wall round her garden _.
A. in order that her fruit not be stolen
C. so that her fruit would be stolen
B. to enable people not taking her fruit
D. to prevent her fruit from being stolen
27. The sky was cloudy and foggy. We went to the beach,
A. so B. however C. even though
28. “ you treat him, he’ll help you. He’s so tolerant.”
A. In addition to
B. Even though
C. As if
D. No matter how
29. smoking is a causative factor of many diseases, there is no ban on tobacco
C. In spite of
30. You should look up the meaning of new words in the dictionary
A. so as not to
B. so that not to
C. so not to
D. so that not
31. Working as a volunteer gives her a chance to develop her interpersonal skills,
promote friendship, and
her own talent.
C. to discover D. discovering
32. He is a very intelligent boy; , he sometimes gets bad marks.
33. that Columbus discovered America.
A. There was in 1492
B. That was in 1492
C. In 1492
D. It was in 1492
34. The pool should not be made so deep small
children can be safe there.
A. if B. so as to
D. so that
35. Education in many countries is compulsory _ the age of 16.
36. has been a topic of continual geological research.
A. The continents formed
B. If the continents formed
C. How did the continents form
D. How the continents were formed
37. Standing on the tip of the cape, .
A. people have seen a lighthouse far away
B. B. lies a lighthouse in the middle of the sea
C. a lighthouse can see from the distance
D. we can see the lighthouse in the distance
38. John Kennedy was elected president, he was the youngest American
D. As long as
39. You can use my car
you drive carefully.
B. as though
C. as long as
40. The Moon is much closer to Earth , and thus it had greater influence on the
A. but the Sun is B. where the Sun is C. than is the Sun D. unlike the Sun
41. It is
work of art that everyone wants to have a look at it.
A. such an unusual B. such unusual a C. a so unusual
D. so an unusual
42. We decided to take a late flight we could spend more time with our family.
A. so as to
B. in order
C. so that
D. in order to
43. My brother tried to learn Japanese at a night school, he gave up after 2 months.
44. Having traveled to different parts of our country,
A. we have learned a lot about interesting lifestyles and customs
B. we are seeing a lot of interesting lifestyles and customs
C. many interesting lifestyles and customs have been learned by us
D. much has been learned about interesting lifestyles and customs
45. In my opinion,
_ new technology who will finally decide which ideas take off.
A. that the development of
C. that the user of
B. it is the user of
D. it is the development of
my mother’s encouragement, I wouldn’t have made such a daring decision.
A. In spite
D. But for
47. The bank has more than 100 branches, in a major urban area.
A. the location of which
B. and are located
C. each located
D. each locating
48. Students are encouraged to develop critical thinking accepting opinions
without questioning them.
A. in addition
B. because of
C. instead of
D. for instance
49. , she continued to carry out her duties.
A. Despite her good health
B. Although in poor health
C. Although she is in good health
D. No matter how poor her health
50. “Take a spare tyre
you have a puncture on the way to the beach.”
A. in case
C. so that
51. he got top marks at high school, he never went to university.
C. Nevertheless D. Meanwhile
52. In my apartment there are two rooms,
is used as the living-room.
A. the largest one
B. the large one
C. the largest of which
D. the larger of which
53. The higher the content of carbon dioxide in the air is,
A. the more heat it retains
B. the heat it retains more
C. it retains the more heat
D. more heat it retains
54. Mrs. Chau has managed the department that she’ll be promoted next month.
A.too successful B. too successfully
C. very successful D. so successfully
55. Sammy had worked in England for a year
moving to Scotland.
56. always gives me real pleasure.
A. While arranging flowers
C. Arranging flowers
B. The flowers are arranged
D. I arrange flowers
57. the salesman promised to exchange the defective CD player for a new one,
they insisted on getting a refund.
58. Marie Curie,
, was awarded a Nobel Prize for her work.
A. whose scientific discovery of radium B. was the scientist who discovered
C. the scientist discovered radium
D. the scientist who discovered radium
59. about gene-related diseases has increased is welcome news.
A. Scientific knowledge
B. It was scientific knowledge
C. Though scientific knowledge
D. That scientific knowledge
60. I knew they were talking about me they stopped when I entered the room.
B. so that
61. they are delicious, hamburgers and French fries are too high in fat.
62. Most psychologists agree that the basic structure of an individual’s personality
A. by the age of five it is quite well established B. quite well established by the
age of five
C. well established quite by the age of five D. by the age of five and quite well
63.Ms Brown asked me
in my class.
A. there were how many students
B. how many students there were
C. were there how many students
D. how many students were there
64.John wanted to know
in my family.
A. there were how many people
B. how many people were there
C. were there how many people
D. how many people there were
PHẦN 4: GIỚI TỪ
1. He completely
_ with what I said.
2. I finished my homework a few days ahead
A. of B. to
3. It was really kind
you to help those poor people.
B. of C. at
4. She nearly lost her own life
attempting to save the child from drowning.
A. at B. for
5. Anne persisted
_ her search for the truth about what had happened.
A. onB. about
6. My computer is not
of running this software.
7. “This library card will give you free access
the Internet eight hours a day.”
A. onB. to
8. She had to hand in her notice advance when she decided to leave the job.
9. Young people have become increasingly committed social activities.
A. of B. to
10. While everybody else in our class prefers working in groups, Mina likes
A. on herself
B. on her own
C. of her own D. in herself
11. This part of the country is famous
its beautiful landscapes and fine cuisine.
12.Many rare and precious species are now the verge of extinction.
A. in B. from
13. Students are
less pressure as a result of changes in testing procedures.
14. Jim didn't break the vase on
D. out of
, but he was still punished for his carelessness.
PHẦN 5: TỪ VỰNG + COLLOCATION
1. Make exercise a part of your daily .
Mexico by one goal to nil in the match.
3. There should be no discrimination on of sex, race or religion.
4. He felt
when he failed the exams the second time.
5. I have bought a present for my mother, and now I need some
A. paper wrapper B. wrap paper C. wrapped paper
D. wrapping paper
6. Computer is one of the most important of the 20th century.
B. inventories C. inventions
7. If they are not careful with their accounts, their business will go .
8. He gave me his personal
that his draft would be ready by Friday.
9. Many people like the slow
of life in the countryside.
10. The case against the corruption scandal was _ .
11. The two countries have reached an agreement through dialogues described as
A. counterproductive B. productivity C. productive
12. My father hasn't had much
with my family since he moved to New York.
B. connection C. meeting
13. He’s a very
person because he can make other workers follow his advice.
B. influential C. deciding
of fruit in the diet may help to reduce the risk of heart
A. the amount
B. an amount C. the number
D. a number
15. That hotel is so expensive. They you sixty pounds for bed and breakfast.
16. I’m afraid I’m not really
to comment on this matter.
17. Today, household chores have been made much easier by electrical .
B. applications C. appliances
18. The curtains have
because of the strong sunlight.
19. The referee
the coin to decide which team would kick the ball first.
20. How long does the play
21. There should be an international law against .
B. deforestation C. forestry
22. “Don’t worry. I have
tire at the back of my car.”
D. the other
23. We couldn’t fly
because all the tickets had been sold out.
24. Through an
, your letter was left unanswered.
B. overcharge C. overtime
25. “Please, will you just tidy your room, and stop excuses!”
26. Even if you are rich, you should save some money for a day.
27. Laura had a blazing _
with Eddie and stormed out of the house.
28. All students should be
and literate when they leave school.
29. As the drug took
, the boy became quieter.
30. Is it true that this country produces more oil than
A. any another country
B. any countries else
C. any other countries
D. any country else
31. The Internet has enabled people to with each other more quickly.
32. Martha, Julia and Mark are 17, 19 and 20 years old .
A. independently B. separately C. respectively
33. The sign “NO TRESPASSING” tells you
A. not to approach B. not to smoke C. not to enter
D. not to photograph
34. The village was
visible through the dense fog.
35. Before going to bed, he wanted some tea but there was
A. a few
36. In a formal interview, it is essential to maintain good eye with the
37. As a(n)
girl, she found it difficult to socialise with other students in the
38. New machinery has enhanced the company’s productivity and .
39. Scientists have
a lot of research into renewable energy sources.
40. The recent heavy rains have helped to ease the water
41. She passed the National High School Graduation Exam with colours.
42. Nowadays, with the help of the computer, teachers have developed a approach
B. multilingual C. multiple-choice
43. Although we have a large number of students, each one receives
44. Anna is holding her shopping bag with one hand and turning the door handle
C. the other
45. The language centre offers courses of various levels, such as elementary,
B. advancement C. advancing
46. No matter how angry he was, he would never to violence.
47. The use of vitamin _
and herbs has become increasingly popular among
48. Long ago, women were
to vote in political elections.
49. In spite of her abilities, Laura has been _ overlooked for promotion.
B. repeatedly C. repetitive
50. his brother, Mike is active and friendly.
51. The water supply of our home city has failed to
52. He applied for a teaching at Bales University with great confidence.
53. In the last match, Sabella changed his formation at half-time, introducing
Fernando Gago in midfield and Higuain in attack, but in the end it was Messi’s
54. The cinema is no longer as popular as it was in the 1930's and 1940's, but it is
still an important
55. The carefully nurtured gardens with a wide
of flowers and fruit trees have
added elegance to this place and made it a major tourist attraction.
56. China’s placement of its oil rig in Vietnam’s East Sea EEZ has been
denounced by ASEAN and Western politicians and professionals as the violation
57. Communities in remote areas are extremely to famine if crops fail.
58. Be sure not to rely too
on your mother tongue when you are learning a
59. It is
of businessmen to shake hands in formal meetings.
60. A molecule of water is
of two atoms of hydrogen and one atom of oxygen.
61. Such characters as fairies or witches in Walt Disney animated cartoons are
B. imaginative C. imagining
62. This is
the most difficult job I have ever tackled.
A. by rights
B. by all means C. by far
D. by the way
63. His answer was so confusing that it hardly made
B. interpretation C. intelligibility
64. My father sometimes the washing up after dinner.
65. Waste paper can be used again after being
A. produced `
has been so poor, the class has been closed.
67. He was too sure of himself to pay to the warnings against the danger.
68. In a modern family, the husband is expected to join hands with his wife to the
A. doB. run
69. She took a course in fine arts starting her own business in interior design.
A. with a view to B. in terms of C. in order to
D. with reference to
70. All the
in the stadium applauded the winner of the marathon when he
crossed the finishing line.
71. The firefighters’ single-minded devotion to the rescue of the victims of the fire
72. The university administrations are introducing new measures to
_ that the
enrolment process runs smoothly.
73.They are always
of what their children do.
B. supporting C. supportive
74. Women in some parts of the world are still struggling for
job opportunities to men.
75.Tom is getting ever keener on doing research on
76.All nations should
hands to work out a plan to solve the problem of global
77.Many people and organizations have been making every possible effort in
order to save species.
B. dangerous C. fearful
78.A number of young teachers nowadays _ themselves to teaching
79.Whistling or clapping hands to get someone‘s attention is considered _
even rude in some circumstances.
B. unnecessary C. appropriate
80. It is not always easy to make a good at the last minute.
81. Mr Brown has kindly agreed to spare us some of his
time to answer our questions.
82.A survey was
_to study the effects of smoking on young adults.
of the Internet has played an important part in the development of
B. occurrence C. invention
84.A university degree is considered to be a for entry into most professions.
85.They were among the first companies to exploit the of the Internet.
86. Thanks to her father's encouragement, she has made great
in her study.
B. development C. contribution
countries in the world enables me to learn many interesting
88. I am not used to the cold weather here, so I need to have a heating system .
in the area has resulted in poor crop production.
90. In Vietnam, children begin their primary at the age of six.
B. educationally C. educate
me a hand with the washing-up, Kent?
92.I will phone Vivian to
her to buy some sugar; otherwise, she will forget.
B. encourage C. allow
by the spectacular scenery of the countryside.
A. overwhelmed B. bewildered C. preoccupied
94.There has been growing public concern about the use of chemicals in food
A. preservation B. protection
95.During a job interview, candidates are advised to
on the interviewer's
questions and make an effort to answer them properly.
96.Harmful environmental factors can the development of certain diseases.
97.The success of the company in such a
market is remarkable.
B. competitively C. competitive
98. As the clouds drifted away, the pattern of the fields was clearly _ from a height.
99. The mobile phone is an effective means of
in the world nowadays.
A. communicated B. communication C. communicate D. communicative
100. The teacher gave some on how to prepare for the test.
A. consequences B. effects
101. The audience showed their by giving the world-famous orchestra a big
round of applause.
B. admiration C. consideration
PHẦN 6: ĐỘNG TỪ KHIẾM KHUYẾT
1. I can't find my purse anywhere; I must
_ it at the cinema.
B. have left
C. be leaving
D. have been leaving
2. - "Why wasn't your boyfriend at the party last night?"
the lecture at Shaw Hall. I know he very much wanted to hear the
A. should have attended
B. can have attended
C. was to attend
D. may have attended
3. He to the doctor after the accident, but he continued to play instead.
A. must have gone B. should have gone
C. couldn’t go
didn’t have to go
4. The kitchen
dirty because she has just cleaned it.
A. should be
B. can’t be
C. mustn’t be
D. may be
have cooked so many dishes. There are only three of us for
us but he was short of money at the time.
A. could have helped B. can help C. might help
D. would help
7. Jessica looks very tired. She have stayed up late to finish her assignment last
8. Changes have been made in our primary schooling program. As a result, young
children do homework any more.
use your mobile phone during the test. It's against the rules.
10. I'm not sure, but Tony
probably get that demanding job.
hand in their assignments by Friday at the latest.
pass the exam in order to graduate from high school.
PHẦN 7: PHRASAL VERBS và IDIOMS
1. I wish I hadn't said it. If only I could .
A. turn the clock round
B. turn the clock down
C. turn the clock back
D. turn the clock forward
2. I just took it
that he’d always be available.
A. into account
B. for granted C. into consideration D. easy
3. My car is getting unreliable; I think I'll trade it _
for a new one.
A. in B. off
4. Anne persisted
_ her search for the truth about what had happened.
A. onB. about
5. The old houses were _
down to make way for a block of flats.
6. I accidentally
Mike when I was crossing a street downtown yesterday.
A. caught sight of B. kept an eye on
C. paid attention to
D. lost touch with
7. My mother told me to
for an electrician when her fan was out of order.
8. It is very important for a firm or a company to keep the changes in the market.
A. pace of
B. track about C. touch with
D. up with
9. The forecast has revealed that the world’s reserves of fossil fuel will have by
A. taken over
B. caught up
C. used off
D. run out
10.Even if you are rich, you should save some money for a day.
with a swim in the lake.
A. gave in
B. cooled off
C. got out
D. took up
12.They’re staying with us
the time being until they can afford a house.
13.Since he failed his exam, he had to _
for it again.
14.“Why don’t you sit down and ?”
A. make yourself at peace
B. make it your own home
C. make yourself at home
D. make yourself at rest
15.He never lets anything
him and his weekend fishing trip.
A. come among
B. come between
C. come up
D. come on
16.The Second World War
A. turned up
B. took out
C. brought aboutD. broke out
_ if we want to get there in time.”
A. take up
B. put down
C. speed up
D. turn down
18.I could not
the lecture at all. It was too difficult for me.
A. make off
B. take in
C. get along
D. hold on
19.My mother had to work 12 hours a day in a factory just to _
A. tighten the belt B. make ends meet C. call it a day D. break the ice
20.He is coming
_ a cold after a night out in the rain.
A. across with
B. down with
C. away from D. up with
21. It was so kind of her to put me while I was on a business trip in her town.
22.It is interesting to take
a new hobby such as collecting stamps or going
A. upB. over
23.The team were eager to make the loss of the previous match.
A. up for
B. away with
C. up with
D. off with
lung cancer last month, leaving his wife in great shock.
A. byB. for
a lot of criticism for the remarks he made in a television
A. out of
D. in for
26. She started the course two months ago but dropped
_ after only a month.
A. in B. out
27.I can’t find my dictionary at the moment. I hope it will
28.The children made _
a funny story and wrote it on the card.
29.Regular exercise and good diet will bring
fitness and health.
30.I am sorry I have no time at present to _ detail of our plan.
A. bring in
B. take into
C. come in
D. go into
31.We must push the piano to the corner of the hall to our party tonight.
A. make place for B. take up room to
B. C. make room for
D. give place to
32.His honesty is
; nobody can doubt it.
A. in question
B. beside the question C. without question
D. out the
33.He's sometimes bad-tempered but he's a good fellow
A. at heart
B. by heart
C. with heart
D. in heart
34.A large number of workmen because of the economic recession.
A.have laid down
B. has laid aside
C. have been laid off D. has been laid out
35.The government was finally by a minor scandal.
A. put back
B. brought down
C. pulled down D. taken down
36.We’ve already bought the house but won’t
it until May, when the present
occupants have moved out.
A. take possession of B. catch sight of
B. C. keep track of
D. gain recognition of
37.The young lady sat still in the afternoon breeze, with her hair her back.
A. running over
B. streaming down C. flowed down D. fallen against
38.While I was looking through my old albums the other day, I
photograph of my parents' wedding.
A. took after
B. made up
C. turned down D. came across
39.I could hear voices but I couldn’t what they were saying.
A. turn up
B. bring about
C. make out
D. try out
40.We received a call from the teacher charge of our course.
A. to B. in
41.When asked about their preference for movies, many young people say that
they are in favour
42.Nguyen Thi Anh Vien performed so well in the 28 th Sea Games women’s
200m butterfly that none of her rivals could her.
A. catch up with
B. come up to
C. look up to
D. put up with
43.Global warming will result crop failures and famine.
A. of B. to
44. A large number of inventions and discoveries have been made accident.
A. byB. at
till the early hours of the next morning listening to pop music.
A. took me up
B. kept me up
C. caught me up D. held me up
46.The Government has brought a new law in an effort to prevent further
A. in B. about
47.The table in the living room should be moved to
the new TV set.
A. get rid of
B. pave the way for C. make room for D. take hold of
48.The US president Barack Obama an official visit to Vietnam in May 2016,
which is of great significance to the comprehensive bilateral partnership.
49. Candidates are requested to
the form to the admissions officer by July 25th.
A. fill out
B. show up
C. pass over
D. hand in
his temper with the employees and shouted at them.
a new computer application to see whether it works.
A. looking after
B. putting on
C. trying out
D. turning up
52.Terry is a very imaginative boy. He always comes interesting ideas.
A. out of
B. down on
C. up with
D. in for
53.―”Sorry for being late. I was in the traffic for more than an hour.”A. carried on
B. held up
C. put off
D. taken after
54.She was tired and couldn‘t keep the group.
A. up with
B. up against
C. on to
D. out of