TOEFL Incorrect word - Test 2
1. Writers and media personnel sell
theirselves best by the impression given in
their verbal expression.
5. When the ball struck him in the face, the
player was collapsed but his teammates
carried on playing.
A. in the face
B. was collapsed
C. by the
D. carried on
2. The disposable camera, a single-use
camera preloaded with print film, has
appeared in the late 1980s, and has become
6. Until the project completed, the effects
of the new measures will not be known,
especially in rural areas.
B. preloaded with
C. has appeared
D. has become
D. in rural areas
3. A largely percentage of Canadian export
business is with the United States.
7. Pollution, which affects nearly all
countries, increase the risk of disease as
well as harming the environment.
A. which affects
D. harming the environment
4. Some studies show that young babies
prefer the smell of milk to those of other
8. Some people think that the desire to wear
sunglasses are more a need to impress than
to protect the eyes.
A. that young babies
C. than to
D. other liquids
9. Laser technology is the heart of a new
generation of high-speed copiers and
10. The artist tried stimulate interest in
painting by taking his students to the
13. After to have won the light-heavyweight
title at the 1960 Olympic Games,
A. to have
B. at the
14. The information officer at the bank told
his customers that there was several
different kinds of checking accounts
B. interest in
A. at the bank
C. by taking
D. to the
11. The Pilgrims were 102 English
emigrants whom, after arriving on the
Mayflower, became the first European
settlers in New England.
D. there was
D. the first
12. All the scouts got theirselves ready for
the long camping trip by spending their
weekends living in the open.
15. A turtle differs from all other reptiles in
that its body is encased in a protective shell
of their own.
16. Almost all life depends to chemical
reactions with oxygen to produce energy.
A. Almost all
B. depends to
C. to produce
17. It is essential that vitamins are supplied
either by foods or by supplementary
tablets for normal growth to occur.
19. According to the theory of natural
selection, the man who was able to use the
hands and feet most freely to walk and
grasp was the one who survived and
A. the hands and feet
C. by supplementary tablets
D. to occur
C. to walk and grasp
18. If a rash occurs within twenty-four
hours after taking a new medication, the
treatment should discontinued.
B. after taking
20. Oil whale lamps were replaced by
kerosene lamps in 1860's and the multimillion dollars whale industry came to an
A. Oil whale
D. should discontinued
B. were replaced