Còn thiếu g/ a các phần: writing, test yourself.
Tuy nhiên g/a phần nào có rồi, các bạn cũng nên gửi tiếp, vì mình
còn chọn ra g/ a phu hop voi minh nua.
Co 1 giao an cua Tram va Nhan, 2 giáo án của Tố Trinh+ Uyên
thuoc unit 10 nen Vy ko gop vao day nghe.
1 giáo án writing của Chiêu Hoàng có nội dung là speaking > Hoàng
có 2 giáo án speaking giống nhau nên bỏ một cái
Nhiet tinh gui bai tiep nhe!
Unit 11: NATIONAL PARKS
Nguyễn Thị Chiêu Hoàng - Chu Thị Lý
Time allowed: 45 minutes.
Aims: By the end of this lesson, Ss are able to:
- Practice reading skills for specific information.
- Improve Ss’ knowledge about national parks.
- Read and talk about forest.
- Learning some new words related to forests.
Lexical items: Nouns: Species, survival, sub- tropical, contamination.
Verb: (to) establish, (to) contain.
- Speaking: talk in pairs and in groups.
- Reading comprehension: enhance Ss’ reading skills through matching the words in the passage
with definitions, T/F statements, and answering the questions.
Show a short video (2 minutes) about
some national parks in Vietnam and
over the world and ask Ss to give the
names of these national parks (Keys:
Cuc Phuong, Cat Tien, U Minh,
Nairobi, Everglades, and Bach Ma).
- Establish (v): using picture
- Contain (v): explanation.
- Species(n): using picture
- Survival(n): translation
- Sub- tropical(n): using picture
- Contamination (n): antonym of
Checking vocabulary: Matching with
definitions(Task 1 pp. 113)
Play the video.
Ask Ss to take
notes the names
of these national
Call some Ss to
and correct the
Elicit and model
Ask Ss to repeat
2 times each
Help Ss to
elicit the new
Ask 3or 4 Ss to
Ask Ss to copy
Ask Ss to match
do the Task
for the topic
T/F statements predictions:
1. Cuc Phuong National Park is
located 300 kilometers south
west of Hanoi.
2. Nairobi National Park is
Kenya’s biggest park.
3. Visitors learn about the habits
of animals in Nairobi National
4. Everglades National Park is a
tropical wilderness in the
southeastern United States.
5. The contamination has
threatened the park and many
of the animals in Everglades
the words in
column A to
Listen and give
Ask Ss to
Ask Ss work in
pairs to make
Invite Ss to give
Task 1: T/F statements
Keys: 1.F 2.F 3.T
Task 2: Game- Lucky number
There are 8 numbers from 1 to 8.
Number 3 and 6 are lucky numbers.
Ss of 2 teams choose the numbers and
answer 6 questions; each group will
get 10 points for a right answer:
1. What is the area of the rainforest in
Cuc Phuong National Park?
2. Why would November be a suitable
time to visit this park?
What can people learn in Nairobi
4. What kinds of animals are taken
care of in the Orphanage?
5. Why is Everglades National Park
7. What do you think will happen to
Everglades National Park if more
chemicals are released into the water?
2. Because the rainy season is over.
4. They can learn about the habits of
animals and how one species is
dependent upon another for survival.
5.In the orphanage, orphaned and/ or a
Ss to find out
Ask Ss to
the passage that
helps Ss to find
Ask Ss to read
again and give
Say out the
Divide the class
into 2 groups:
answers on the
Ask Ss to write
find out the
bandoned animals are taken care of.
7.Everglades National Park is endange
red because of the toxic levels of chem
icals in the water
8. If more chemicals are released into
water, plans and animals will die/ be ki
- Ss are required to work in
group of four and interview 3
friends in their groups about
“Which of the national park
would you like/dislike to visit.
- Some Ss talk about what they
have interviewed in front of
Summarize some main information of
Prepare speaking lesson
Ask some Ss to
speak out their
for the next
Ask Ss copy
in front of
Do the task
Name of National Park
Ex: To study butterflies, visit caves…
Nguyễn Thị Chiêu Hoàng – Chu Thị Lý
Time allowed: 45 minutes.
- Language content:
To improve students’ skills of making plans and talk about an excursion.
To provide students with some new words relating to an excursion.
- Language functions:
To enhance students speaking skill: expressing regrets by using conditional
sentence type 3.
To enable students to guess the meaning of the words based on the context,
pictures and explanations.
1. Warm up: BRAINSTORMING
- Divide class into 4 groups.
- In each group, ask students to write a list of things
they will prepare for a trip within 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, check which team has longer list of
things will be the winner.
- Excepted answers:
Breads, fruits, soft drinks
Task 1 pp.114 : Matching
- Ask students to read through these sentences in the
- Encourage them guess the meanings of the words in
the Task. Then, provide students with some new
words or expressions:
Food poisoning (n): an illness usually caused
by eating harmful food. (using explanation)
Fine (n): cash paid as punishment
Work in groups
Give the answer
Take note the
Read all of
try to find some
Try to guess the
meaning of new
1. I've just had to pay £10 for a parking fine.
2. The librarian slapped a fine on him for
returning the books late.)
Get lost (v): to become lost; to be unable to
find way (Using explanation).
Carsick (n): feeling sick because of the
movement of a car. (using explanation and
Read each new word and ask students to repeat it
Ask 2-3 students to read aloud all new words in front
Listen and help students to correct their mistakes in
Ask students to work in groups of 8.
In each group, ask students to count themselves from
1 to 8:
Member 1 does sentence 1.
Member 2 does sentence 2.
Member 8 does sentence 8.
Then, ask each member to write their own sentences
After finishing, ask all groups to compare their
answer with other groups.
Call a member number 1 to read sentence number 1
and ask other members number 1 to correct. Other
sentences are the same.
Give feedback and correct answer.
1-f They went by coach and most of them got
2-e They did not bring enough food and drinks
and/so they had to spend a lot of money eating in
3-h Some had food poisoning so they didn’t enjoy
4-g They had no raincoats so they got wet and some
Work in groups.
from 1 to 8 in
their own group.
Do the task
Write down the
got a cold.
5-b Some left their luggage on the coach when they
arrived so they had no clothes or money with them.
6-c Some were not careful when walking in Huong
Pagoda so they got lost.
7-a Some threw waste in the forest so they got a fine.
8-d They stayed there only one day so they couldn’t
visit all the pagoda.
3. While speaking
Task 2 : pp. 115
- Present and explain the conditional sentences
Use: Conditional sentence type 3 is used
to express the unreal conditions in the
Try to find
out the new
If + S + PAST PERFECT, S + WOULD/COULD HAVE+ PP
(HAD + PP)
Give 2 examples:
Ex1: Real condition: I failed the exam.
If I had studied harder, I would have passed the
S Had+pp ,
S would have pp
Ex2: Real condition: He
If he had taken an
would have not got
S Had +
Call 1 or 2 students give other examples using
conditional sentence type 3.
Ask students to take note the grammar form into
Give the instruction of the task 2: “Most of the
students in Nga’s class are not happy with their
excursion to Huong pagoda. Now they are
talking about what they wish they had or hadn’t
Model by giving an example for students:
Ex: 1. They went to Huong Pagoda by coach and
most of them got carsick
If we hadn’t gone by coach, we could/would
not have got carsick.
front of the
Ask students to do the task by using the ideas in
- Go round the class and provide help if necessary.
- After 3 minutes, ask them to compare the
answers and call some pairs to practice the
exchange in front of the class.
- Listen and help students to correct their mistakes
- Give comments and correct the answers.
If we had brought enough food and drinks, we
wouldn’t have had a lot of money eating in expensive
If some of us hadn’t had food poisoning, we could
have enjoyed our visit.
If we had had rain coats, we wouldn’t have got wet
and have got a cold.
If some of us hadn’t left our luggage on the coach
when we arrived, we could have had clothes and
money with us.
If we had been careful when walking in Huong
pagoda, we wouldn’t have got lost.
7. If we had thrown waste in the forest, we wouldn’t
have got a fine.
8. If we had stayed there more than one day, we could
have visited all the pagoda.
4. After Speaking: Role Play
- Give the instruction: “Look at this dialogue. You
are Nga. Work with a partner. Tell her/him about
your class excursion to Huong Pagoda and
express your regrets about what you did or did
not do during the excursion by changing the
underlined sentence using conditional sentence
type 3.The first sentence had been done for you:”
Oh! It was…
Lan: Hi, Nga! How was your excursion? Was it fun?
Nga: Oh! It was so terrible?
Lan: Really? What happened?
Nga: Um. If we hadn’t gone by coach, we wouldn’t
have got carsick.
- Call a good student to be Lan and practice the
- Ask some comprehensive questions to check
What will we do? ( make a dialogue)
How many people are there? (2)
How many sentences in the dialogue? (4)
Which sentence will we need to change? (the
Then, ask students to work in pairs to role plays
Go around helping Students if necessary.
Call some pairs of Students to present the
Listen and help students to correct their mistakes
Give feedbacks and correct the answers.
Home work :
- Write a short paragraph of your regrets about
what you did or did not do to protect the
- Prepare for the next lesson.
Nhi + Hoàng Uyên
pairs to do
At the end of the lesson, students are able to:
Express regrets by using conditional sentence type 3.
Talk about an excursion.
2. Time allotted:
3. Teaching aids: -Teacher: Board, textbook, chalk, pictures, projector…
-Students: Textbook, notebook,....
Checking the student whole lesson:
1. Warm-up:(3 mins)
- Ask Ss to watch the video carefully and write - Work individually and try to take
down the names of the places appearing in the notes as many places as possible.
video into a card.
- Show the video including these pictures:
One pillar pagoda
Hung King temple
- Ask Ss to give answers, show the pictures again - Report the list in front of the class.
to check with whole class, and give Ss
compliments with each correct answer.
A. Pre – teaching vocabulary: (5ms)
- “ She ate an out-of-date cake so she had to go to - Guess the meaning of the new words
the hospital. The doctor said that she had food and copy down them into their
What does that mean by “food poisoning”?
Food poisoning (n):
Ngộ độc thức ăn- “ Thing
you bring together when you
(Show a picture)
What does that mean by “luggage”?
Luggage(n): Hành lý.
- “get lost” means “unable to find the way to
What does that mean by get lost?
Get lost(v): lạc đường.
- Listen and repeat new words.
- Read new words and ask students to repeat. Ask - Work individually.
2 Ss read aloud all new words and correct the
pronunciation if necessary.
B. Presenting the speaking (6ms)
- “ We have just visited the four famous places in
Viet Nam at the warm-up activity. Now, I would
like you to get to know the excursion of Nga’s
class to one of the above places – Huong Pagoda.
Nga’s class came there last week. Unfortunately,
the excursion turned out to be a disaster.
- Work in pair.
- Why was that excursion unhappy? To find out
the reason, please work in pairs to combine the
things in column A with the corresponding
consequences in column B in textbook page114.
You have 2 minutes.
- Give answers orally.
- When Ss finished, ask them to give the right
- Listen to their friends to check
order of the list
themselves the answer.
- 1 f 2 e
5 b 6 c
3 h 4 g
7 a 8 d
- Give answers individually.
- Then ask Ss to give answer by using the
1. They did not bring enough food and
drinks so they had to spend a lot of
- Give an example: “They did not bring enough
money eating on expensive
food and drinks so they had to spend a lot of
money eating on expensive restaurants”
2. Some had food poisoning so they
- Listen and correct if necessary.
didn’t enjoy their visit.
3. They had no raincoats so they got
wet and some got a cold.
4. Some left their luggage on the coach
when they arrived so they had no
clothes or money with them.
5. Some were not careful when
walking in Huong pagoda, so they got
6. Some threw waste in the forest, so
they got a fine.
7. They stayed there only one day, so
they couldn’t visit all the pagodas.
3. While speaking: (14ms)
- “ We have just read about the problems of the
excursion of Nga’s class. Clearly, most of the
students in her class are not happy with their trip.
Now they are talking about what they wish they
had done or hadn’t done.
“ If we hadn’t gone by coach, we wouldn’t have
“ If we had gone by bike, we wouldn’t have got
- Observe and conclude the structure.
-“Could you give me the structure of those - Give the structure to the T and listen
to the correction.
- Give the correct structure.
- Give the meaning and the usage of the structure
( to express conditions in the past that did not
happen, express regrets )
If + S + had + p.p (v.ed / v3) , S + would /
could / might + have + p.p (v.ed / v3)
- Work individually.
- Ask Ss to give one more example with one of
the sentences in Task 1.
“ If we hadn’t stayed there only one day, we
could have visited all the pagodas”
- Ask Ss to work in pairs and continue the talk of
Nga’class, use the ideas in Task 1.
- In pair, ask one student to read one problem and
the other use the conditional type 3 for that
problem and vice versa for the next, continue to
the last sentence in Task 1.
- Listen to the teacher and observe the
- Model with one student:
A: We went to Huong Pagoda by coach and most
of us got carsick.
B: If we hadn’t gone by coach, we wouldn’t have
( If we had gone by bike, we wouldn’t have got
- Work in pair to talk about the
- Move around the class, keep control on Ss.
excursion of Nga’class to Huong
pagoda and express their regrets about
what they did or did not do during the
1. A: We went to Huong Pagoda by
coach and most of us got carsick.
B: If we hadn’t gone by coach, we
wouldn’t have got carsick.
( If we had gone by bike, we wouldn’t
have got carsick.)
2. A.We didn’t bring enough food and
drinks, so we had to spend a lot of
money eating in expensive restaurants.
B. If we had brought enough food and
drinks, we wouldn’t have spent a lot of
money eating in expensive.
3. A.Some had food poisoning, so we
didn’t enjoy our visit.
B. If some hadn’t had food poisoning,
we would have enjoyed our visit.
4. A. We had no raincoats, so we got
wet and some got a cold.
B. If we had had raincoats, we
wouldn’t have got wet and have got a
5. A. Some left our luggage on the
coach when we arrived, so we had no
clothes or money with us.
B. If some of us hadn’t left our
luggage on the coach when we arrived,
we would have had clothes and money
6. A. Some were not careful when
walking in Huong Pagoda, so we got
B. If we had been careful when
walking in Huong Pagoda, we
wouldn’t have got lost.
7. A .Some threw waste in the forest,
so we got a fine.
B. If we hadn’t thrown waste in the
forest, we wouldn’t have got a fine.
8. A. We stayed there only one day,so
we couldn’t visit all the pagodas.
B. If we had stayed there more than
one day, we would have been able to
visit all the pagodas.